Published in THE SEABROOKER, November 2014
The Best Deal on Seabrook Island –
Value can be measured in many ways. For most people it’s measured in terms of financial, intellectual and social benefit. Often it’s some combination of the three. Evaluated on these three criteria, there is no better value on Seabrook Island than joining the Seabrook Island Natural History Group. Consider the following:
– Six evening programs with expert speakers on a wide variety of topics is certainly a bargain. When you throw in free homemade desserts and coffee it becomes a great deal!
– 60 -70 field trips per year at severely discounted prices. All the work contributed by SINHG volunteers is free!
– Discounted pricing on two of Seabrook Island’s major social events, the Fish Fry in the spring and the Soup Supper in the winter.
– The SINHG Evening Programs feature stimulating presentations on a wide variety of interesting topics. Just this year they’ll cover everything from aspects of our local ecosystem to historical Charleston.
– SINHG’s field trips include an amazing array of educational and cultural adventures.
– Both the Evening Programs and the Field Trips provide excellent opportunities to meet and interact with fellow Seabrookers. Participating in these activities brings people with common interests together. If you love kayaking you’ll spend time with fellow kayakers, if you love local history and culture you’ll spend time with others similarly inclined. There are even trips for those who enjoy wine or beer!
– SINHG contributes to the quality of life on Seabrook Island through the establishment and maintenance of hiking trails and the surrounding community through philanthropic and educational contributions.
Where else you could get all this for $15.00 per year?
Clearly SINHG membership is a great opportunity for an outstanding return on your investment – – no matter how you measure value. To join, simply go to the SINHG web site, sinhg.org and click on “Join Us” or just come to one of the Evening Programs and sign up.